Date Added: 13 April 2017
Our client is a leading immigration firm that is experiencing rapid growth and they are seeking an additional Migration Solicitor or Registered Migration Agent to join their team. They deal with all areas of law within the migration sector, assisting individuals to live and work in Australia through a variety of Visa streams and assisting SMEs and corporates to access top talent and fill skill gaps from around the world. The firm works with some of Australia's fastest growing companies and blue chip brands.
This position will suit a Lawyer/Agent who has 5-8 years previous experience with the immigration industry in Australia, looking to further progress their career in a company with real purpose and an entrepreneurial lawyer founder.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting clients across the globe in dealing with Australian and international immigration issues such as visa options, eligibility and application merits.
- Dealing with a large volume of inbound visa applications; including drafting, collating and lodging high quality applications with supporting documentation.
- Providing strategic, commercially-sound advice to and managing the expectations of clients and visa applicants.
- Proactively liaising with employers, skill assessing agencies, state sponsoring bodies, and DIBP regarding applications and monitoring activities.
- Developing trusted new and existing client relationships whilst participating in ongoing business development.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- 5 years+ experience in the immigration industry in Australia.
- Registration with MARA or current NSW legal practising certificate (if a lawyer).
- MIA or equivalent membership (preferable).
- Extensive knowledge of Migration Law and practice.
- Commercial acumen and an ability to instil confidence in clients.
- Ability to meet standard budgets/targets in a migration law firm.
- Experience dealing with government and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Track record in taking instructions, liaising and servicing clients including those from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Cultural sensitivity.
If you are looking for a case load that is diverse, fast paced, and want to work in some of the new frontiers of immigration including sophisticated labour agreements, skilled visas for new occupations and industries then APPLY here. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Jason Elias on 0411 151 860