Privacy Collection Notification for
Candidates & Job Applicants
We will need to collect personal information about you, your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We typically collect personal information when you register with us or apply for a job through us, when we conduct candidate screening and assessment, and when we receive reports of your performance from employers with whom we have placed you. If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal information will be collected by Elias Recruitment Pty Ltd for its own use . Your personal information will be held by Elias Recruitment Pty Ltd at Level 9, 84 Pitt St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members, or in the Cloud when we are using cloud storage or cloud-based services.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact Karolina Slaby our office manager on Thursdays from 9am to 5 pm or email [email protected].
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities or educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
We may also collect personal information about your work performance from employers with whom we have placed you. We would use the information to manage our post-placement obligations, including managing any candidate replacement guarantee which we might be required to honour.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration, labour hire licensing laws, public health laws, and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
The following Australian laws require or authorise our collection of personal information from you:
- Migration Act 1958 (C’th) and Migration Regulations 1994 (C’th);
- Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005 (Qld);There may be cases where our duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs. When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- verification of your identity and right to work in Australia;
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, C.V., nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
- payroll functions;
- determining what (if any) fees may be payable by our clients in respect of your actual or potential work placements
- marketing of relevant events, CPD or webinars or newsletters.
Your personal information may be disclosed to…
- potential and actual employers and clients of Elias Recruitment Pty Ltd.
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- other members of NPAworldwide network,
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our payroll services providers, I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients
If we need to conduct background screening with overseas based organisations, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. For example, if you have worked with an overseas employer, we might need to disclose your name, identifying details and the type of work you are seeking to your previous employer to the extent necessary to enable us to undertake suitable reference checking.
The countries in which the overseas recipient to whom would be likely to disclose your personal information, in those circumstances, are likely to be those where the organisation is based.